#MyLittleDreamer Contest Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAWS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The “#MyLittleDreamer” Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on June 15, 2016 (“Start Date“) and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on September 15, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). Voting begins at 12:00:01 AM (midnight) EST on the Start Date and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on September 15, 2016 (the “Voting Period”). The Contest is powered by Heritage Education Funds Inc., (“Heritage” and/or “Administrator”) 2005 Sheppard Ave. E., Suite 700, Toronto, ON M2J5B4. Sponsored by iTravel2000 (the “Sponsor”). The official clock for purposes of the Contest is the computer of the Sponsor.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (except Quebec and Nunavut) who are of the age of majority in their province/territory or residence at the time of entry. Officers, members, directors and employees of the Sponsor, Heritage, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest, and Compliance Contest Services (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, – whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) of such individuals, or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not), are eligible to participate in voting in the Contest but will not be considered as a winning entry. If they are among the top public entries the replacement for the winner will be the next eligible external candidate. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: An individual will be deemed an entrant (“Entrant” or “You” or “Your”) in the Contest if they are meet the eligibility requirements above and enter an online submission. Entrant must visit http://blog.heritageresp.com/mylittledreamer-contest-form/ and follow the prompts and instructions to complete the registration process. To be valid, all submissions must include the hashtag #MyLittleDreamer. Entrants are limited to one entry per child. No purchase required. No fee required for registration or entry.
All required information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of entering information is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of an entry. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited and no mechanically reproduced entries are allowed; all such entries are void. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, damaged, delayed, garbled, undelivered, misdirected, or postage-due registrations, entries or mail, which will be disqualified. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and of Heritage and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor or Administrator. If the content of Your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Released Parties may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
4. CONTEST VOTING: There is a limit of one (1) Contest vote per person per day during the Voting Period. A “vote day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. EST and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. EST; except the first day of the Voting Period which is defined as beginning 12:00:01 a.m. EST and ending 11:59:59 p.m. EST of the same day. Voting will begin on the Start Date. Any attempt in any manner by any person to vote more than the number of times authorized herein or to compensate individuals for engaging in activities online that directly affects an entry’s votes, shall result in disqualification of all such votes and may result in the disqualification of any involved or suspected to be involved Entrant(s), if applicable, at the Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s sole discretion. Examples of activities that would void any and all votes include using multiple / different addresses, identities, use of robotic, macro, automated, programmed or similar voting methods, or any other methods, or who Sponsor or Administrator believes has attempted to tamper with, influence or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Contest.
5. AGREEMENT TO THE RULES: By participating,You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Administrator and/or the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Contest.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION / OPT-IN/CONSENT: By entering an online submission via the Website, Entrant consents for the Sponsor and Administrator to obtain, use, and transfer his/her name, address and other information for the purpose of administering this Contest; the information that the Entrant provides in connection with the entry process will be used by Sponsor and Administrator only, and will not be sold or provided to another company. Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and Administrator to send emails to the address entered on entry form, regarding product offerings. The Entrant may opt out of receiving future emails from Sponsor and Administrator by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in any email received. You hereby grant to the Sponsor and Administrator, the right to use your video prepared as part of Your online submission for the Contest (the “Works”) and otherwise irrevocably assign and grant to the Sponsor and Administrator all rights in the Works and the right to use or sublicense the Submission and the names, likenesses of the characters as they may appear in the Works, in the Sponsor’s and Administrator’s discretion, in all media and in all forms and for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising and other promotions for Sponsor’s and Administrator’s, without any further consideration to You or any limitation whatsoever. By Your online submission, You acknowledge that You have obtained the permission of the parent or guardian of any minor’s image, likeness or name used in the Works.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm, or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor and Administrator which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest (or any part thereof), the Sponsor or Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the prize(s) using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of or after (if applicable) this termination or suspension date. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer (or any information/material stored therein) relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
There will be a total of seven (7) winners consisting of one (1) Grand Prize winner, and six (6) individual Monthly Prize winners. Limit one (1) Monthly Prize per person/household. The Grand Prize winner is determined by the number of votes their winning entry received.
Grand Prize: $5,000 in Heritage RESP and $1,500 iTravel2000 voucher
Entrants are eligible to win the grand prize consisting of: (i) one (1) lump-sum contribution of $5,000 CDN (if there is contribution room available) or two lump-sum contributions of $2,500 CDN for two consecutive years, towards the purchase of units in a Heritage Plan supplied by Heritage, and (ii) one (1) $1,500 CDN iTravel2000 voucher supplied by Sponsor (together, the “Grand Prize“).
The Heritage RESP will be subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Heritage Plans Prospectus and to the deduction of those fees described in the Heritage Plans Prospectus (including sales charges, Account Maintenance Fees and Insurance Premiums, if applicable). Depending on the payout option chosen at maturity, part of the sales charges may be returned. The return of sales charges is a discretionary payment. Discretionary payments are not guaranteed. The winning Entrant should not count on receiving a discretionary payment. It is at Heritage Educational Foundation’s sole discretion if it will make a payment in any year and how much the payment will be.
If the Entrant does not already have a Heritage Plan, the Entrant will be required to: (i) enter into an Education Savings Plan Contract with Heritage (after an in-home presentation conducted by a Heritage licensed sales representative has been completed); (ii) sign an enrollment application form into the Heritage Plans RESP which must be received by Heritage; and each of (i) and (ii) above must be completed within one (1) week after Heritage receives the properly completed and signed Declaration and Release form (described in Section 11 below) in order to be awarded and declared a Grand Prize winner. Failure to do so will disqualify the Entrant from being declared the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded, no substitutions or transferability permitted. No cash payment will be given for any part of the Grand Prize. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and Administrator and will not be returned nor shared with any other company.
Monthly Prize: In addition to the Grand Prize, there are a total of six (6) monthly prizes (each a “Monthly Prize”). The Monthly Prizes are three (3) iPad mini, value of $329 CAD each and three (3) IndigoKids gift cards valued at $50 CDN each. Each Monthly Prize winner shall agree to have their online submission animated for a future Heritage marketing campaign. Refer to Section 6 above regarding consent. The total Monthly Prize pool value is $1,137 CAD.
9. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: Monthly Prize winners will be announced one per month, on the first day of the subsequent month, and the Grand Prize winner will be announced on September 22, 2016.
Grand Prize selection: At the end of the Voting Period, the one (1) entry with the highest number of votes will be declared the Grand Prize winner and be eligible to receive the Grand Prize. In event of a tie, the Grand Prize Winner will be determined by selecting the entry that received the highest score from among a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor and Administrator on the following criteria: original and creative. Should a tie still remain, the Sponsor and Administrator may choose to conduct a random draw from among the eligible tied Grand Prize Winners.
Monthly Prize selection: Each month, two (2) online submissions will be declared the Monthly Prize winners by the following methods: (i) one (1) selected by Heritage staff based on the criteria for the most creative video, and (ii) one (1) by random selection from all entries received, which random draw shall be conducted by a third party, Random.org, on the last day of the month to select that month’s random Monthly Prize winner.
10. ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of people who vote.
11. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The Prizes will be awarded only on verification by Administrator that all contest requirements have been met by the selected Entrant(s). To be declared a Grand Prize or Monthly Prize winner, the selected Entrant must answer, without help, a time limited, skill-testing question on the declaration form and will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days of receipt. By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Form, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Released Parties from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor and Administrator and at their option, to publish or otherwise use the winner’s name, city of residence, comments as well as the winner’s online submission (including video submission) without compensation, on the website as well as in any publicity or promotion carried out by Sponsor and Administrator or its advertising agencies. The Administrator will make three (3) attempts to contact the selected entrant by telephone. If the selected entrant cannot be reached, does not complete the skill testing question correctly, declines the prize, or fails to return a Declaration and Release Form as specified above, that selected entrant will be disqualified and shall not be entitled to receive any prize, and the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entrant as the potential winner, whom the Administrator or its representatives shall attempt to contact, and who shall be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The Administrator is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the selected Entrant.
12. MODIFICATION: In no event will Sponsor or Administrator be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. If for any reason Sponsor or Administrator determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is no longer capable of running as intended by these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor or Administrator reserves the right to terminate, suspend, postpone, delay or modify the Contest, in whole or in part, or any other causes which may corrupt or impair the integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. If Sponsor or Administrator determines that more prize claims are submitted or more prize notices are distributed than the number of prizes offered in these Official Rules, Sponsor or Administrator shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor or Administrator reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor or Administrator. For example, Sponsor may select a winner in a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or conducted a random drawing among all prize claimants, and neither Sponsor, the Administrator nor any of the Released Parties shall have any further liability to any entrant in connection with the Contest.
13. RELEASES: All Entrants and prize winners, as a condition of participation in this Contest, agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their affiliates, designees and assigns and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, injuries or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sponsor’s and Administrator’s Website; (b) participating in any aspect of the Contest, including, without limitation, while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize or Contest -related activity, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss or accident to person or property; (c) the receipt, ownership, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (d) viruses or any downloading or other problems with the Contest entry, or; (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. All Entrants and prize winners further acknowledge that the Sponsor, Administrator and Released Parties makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Each prize winner bears all risk of loss or damage to the respective prize immediately upon receipt.
15. OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES REQUEST: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a request specifying Official Rules along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and mail to: Compliance “#MyLittleDreamer” Contest Official Rules, 2005 Sheppard Ave. E., Suite 700, Toronto, ON M2J5B4.
16. SPONSOR: iTravel2000, 1004 Middlegate Rd #3000, Mississauga, ON L4Y 1M4